Reopening the BNG
On the 16th March BNG took the unprecedented step of temporarily closing the gallery. We have been working hard behind the scenes to get the gallery ready for reopening and we look forward to welcoming you back this weekend.
The gallery will be open on Saturday, 4th July, exclusively for BNG members who can enjoy a private tour of the current exhibitions with BNG trustee Mitchell Klink who brings a unique understanding of local and global contemporary art that is sure to engage.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity! Become a member today and join us on Saturday. The tours, which are limited to 6 people, will take place every hour on the hour between 10am and 2pm and must be booked in advance. Click HERE to register.
The gallery will then open to the general public every Saturday as of the 11th July, from 10am to 2pm. Admission is $5 for adults, free for BNG members, seniors, students and NARM members.
The gallery will remain closed during the week, allowing students in the BNG Art + Tech Summer Camp, which runs from the 13th July to the 28th August, to immerse themselves fully in the exhibitions which will serve as a starting point for their projects.
The health and safety of our visitors, volunteers and staff remains our highest priority. With this in mind, we have put the following precautions in place:
- Social distancing measures will be observed in the gallery, with a maximum capacity of 24 people at a time.
- Increased in depth cleaning measures have been put in place.
- Temperature checks will be taken as you enter City Hall.
- A hand sanitising station will be available as you enter the gallery.
- A plexiglass screen has been installed at the reception desk.
- Staff and volunteers will observe strict Covid-19 protocols.
- Masks are to be worn by customers and staff. Bespoke BNG masks are on order!
Artwork: Fortissimo by Vaughan Evans, 2008. Lino relief print on BFK reeves paper. 19 x 29 inches. Collection of Bermuda National Gallery. Gift of the Artist.